Welcome to the Environmental
Design Faculty of King Abdulaziz
The Faculty of Environmental design was established in a special building in 1418, after transforming the school of environment design into a faculty with its three departments: architecture, urban and regional planning and environment architecture in 1396 as part of the faculty of engineering as to be developed into a separate faculty. Given the differences in the nature and specializations between the faculty and the engineering departments, a studying program was set separately for it since its establishment. The faculty had a curriculum for 6 years, after which the student is graduated in one of the three fields of specializations, which were set by Harvard University, and then the curriculum was developed and reduced to five years. The new curriculum was used in the first term of year 2000/2001 and the studying plan is the same today.